Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day 7 - "No. I can't fold the cheese."

After a...restful...night sleep at the 10th Green Inn we headed over for a little breakfast at Betsy & Dave's before our big day at Big Trees State Park.

But first we stopped at a grocery store to get some sandwiches for lunch. Everything was going great, until Betsy made an unbelievably ridiculous request for their sandwich. Here's how the interaction looked:

Betsy - "We'll have the (I can't remember what sandwich she ordered) turkey sandwich, but could you only put cheese on half the sandwich?"

Sandwich Artist (SA) - "No."

Betsy - "You can't just cut the cheese in half?"

SA - "Um, no."

Betsy - With a slightly confused tone -
"Um, well, could you just fold the cheese in half?"

SA - "No."

Betsy - "Really?"

SA - "I can't fold the cheese."

Betsy - Still confused and getting slightly agitated - "Well, could you just leave the cheese on the side?"

SA - Slow to agree - "Um. Sure, I can do that."

Betsy - "Ok. Great. Thanks!"

Jon(athan) - Standing in the background soaking in the scene is thinking how incredible this exchange is! I mean, it's not like she's asking SA to add a rare tropical growing vegetable only found in the deep African jungles. She's not even asking SA to quickly compute the square root of 1,257 in her head. She is simply asking SA to cut, neigh, fold the cheese in half!

Wow! This was a terrific treat on our way to Big Trees.




We experienced our first sequoias in the South Grove of Yosemite and they were magnificent. The sequoias at Big Trees were just as amazing. These things are huge!

Since Betsy & Dave didn't have to catch up on 8 days of a vacation they already posted about our Big Trees trip, so you can supplement this post with theirs.

I have to say, the self-guided interpretive trail was very educational. History and nature...two of my favorite things.

This was a great last day of hiking and experiencing God's creation in northern California to end our trip.

When we got back to Betsy & Dave's house we got to see a special California treat. Check out the bonus coming soon.

That... was day 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment