"Undone" is the theme for the week and I think the kids are really starting to ponder what it means to them. The speaker was fantastic last night and kids really clung to his message and connected with what he said. It is exciting to see these kids and how their norms are starting to be debunked. They are starting to see that their Christian faith is something more than just Sunday mornings and youth group. God has a purpose for each of these kids being here! I'm excited to see this younger generation feel empowered to be change agents for god and Christianity. Change is coming...and I'm
not talking about obamarama! The kids are on to something big!
David crowder band was amazing! He played a guitar hero guitar that was converted to play regular music!
It was a long day for Eme and me. We got up and were either with the kids (Eme), or running around campus doing random tasks (Jon) to help with different activities all day. We were actively engaged from 7 am to 1230 am...our heads hit the pillow and we were out. Of course I can only assume she was out right away since we sleep in different rooms since we are in campus housing...sweet!
On to day 2...
I must apologize for any misspelling or wrong words as I am writing these all from my blackberry. Hope you enjoy!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
I will pray for both of you and the kids. I know how exciting it is to see kids "get the picture". Love you both -- God bless!!
ReplyDelete