Sunday, September 6, 2009

DC - I Forgot Pedometer...

Jon and I flew into Washington DC Friday afternoon and began our adventure in our nation's capitol. We are both pretty excited to be here, be away for a while, and not be responsible for much else than just us (one last time). We regret that this is our first post in maybe a month but hopefully the influx of posts over the next couple of days will make up for it. We have been incredibly busy at work, which is both good and bad in a sense. So far though, we have enjoyed our trip and it's only day 2! The walking around becomes a lot, but we are managing it just fine. We thank a few people from work that actually gave us some insider knowledge on local happenings that got us away from the main touristy area, which was one of our highlights of our day yesterday. Here are a few pictures we managed to take!


*After our Capitol Tour

*Crossing the bridge from Virginia to Washington DC; The Library of Congress


*The Capitol Dome; Inside the Rotunda


*Le Bon Cafe (no we did not eat there); In the Metro station headed home

2 comments:

  1. Washington D.C.?!?! I'm jealous. It looks like you guys are having a great time. How long are you there for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I kept thinking of you when we were walking around and seeing all the historic sights of our nation. It was an awesome vacation!

    ReplyDelete