| Super yummy GF pumpkin muffins. |
Just before Thanksgiving, we were struggling with Carl and what seemed to be a lasting sickness he just couldn't shake. With the holiday coming up, I wanted to make sure whatever it was, wasn't contagious and we could be around people, so we headed to the Dr.'s office. Turned out he was developing or had a double ear infection. It wasn't full blown yet, but was definitely causing some issues. Knowing Brianna had similar symptoms and was then diagnosed with an ear infection, I thought it might be good to go see our Chiropractor and have Carl tested for possible food sensitivities. Sure enough, gluten was a problem source, just like Brianna, but then on top of that was apples and caffeine. The gluten I could handle, since we've already cut out a lot from household, but the apples and caffeine??! It was baffling! Apples are such a great snack and caffeine... well, I guess I can do or should do without.
So Brianna now has company being completely gluten free. Thanksgiving was a little tough with all the great gluten containing turkey accompaniments, but we managed and enjoyed it just as much. Now we're trying a lot more recipes and finding more restaurants that have gluten free menus. I know some companies are making money off this allergy, but I do appreciate it when they list specifically those ingredients that contain gluten. It makes it that much simpler when out shopping and checking labels with two little ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment