Friday, September 7, 2012

Commissioner and the Parade

June 21: Parade fun

Michelle and I ventured out for our second year in a row to our community parade! This year we had more kids and, I'd say, more fun. I loaded down our burley with chairs and blankets, and headed over to Auntie Micks house to have dinner. A family member of theirs dropped off their two kids, bringing the total to five kids. Once we finished dinner, we headed off to find a place to sit. We all got settled and thankfully it wasn't long before the first police car drove by, signaling the start of the parade. It's amazing to me that so many floats drive by and throw out candy. Why do we need so much candy? It's helpful to keep kiddos entertained, going and gathering whatever they can find, but who wants to give kids that much sugar that close to bedtime. I know, I know... you don't do it all the time, but still. I was thankful to the eye place for handing out fresh carrots. What a welcome treat!

Thanks Mick for the fun and company.






Oh, and Commissioner Bonkoski was on hand for his part in the parade. 
They handed out chip clips, very useful.



No comments:

Post a Comment