Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Golden Niner


Today marks NINE years of being married to my love!
EIGHT (*) job promotions which have helped mold and grow us, both as individuals and as a couple. It has also blessed us so that we were/are able to bless others.
SEVEN places we've moved into and lived for a time, from apartments to friends homes (what a gift those friends are) to our own houses.
SIX months of careful reflection on how God would use us in the coming years, prompting us to put our house up on the market in May, sell in August, and move in October...
FIVE years (so far) in Minneapolis where we began the "family" adventure and reignited our love for most everything outdoors.
FOUR years in Chicagoland, where we deepened our love of good tea, built strong relationships with good friends, and attended a church that keeps impacting our lives today.
A THREE-year old who is as sweet and helpful as can be; and who just started preschool! I can't believe how grown up she's getting.
A TWO-year old who never quits and who loves to give smiles; seriously he brightens my day everyday with one of his big grins! (I guess those painful months 4-9 when he literally cut every tooth one right after the other are now paying it forward)
ONE rescued black-lab whose gentle spirit we are grateful for daily and who has a love for all things soft and comfy.


ZERO days I would trade away. For as crazy or surprising as life can be, there is no one I would rather be standing next to, working together through life's curveballs. He can still surprise me, he dotes on his kids, he's a strong leader, he provides for our family, and best of all, he is who he is and that is just what I need!

I love you Jon! You are amazing and I am blessed to call you my husband!
Happy Anniversary!



*Original "Eight", but once discussed with Jon it was a little misleading since it was for as long as we've known each other not just in the nine years of marriage... EIGHT cars we've said goodbye to over the course of our years together; many adventures those cars took us on, building lasting memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment