Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Carpe Diem

By the looks of things, 2014 is shaping up to be our worst blogging year yet! A little disappointing after my record setting 2013. But so life goes, and us along with it. These days when I get a "free" moment, blogging isn't even on my radar... so for all you who've lovingly thought when you checked the link, "maybe today is the day, I'll check on the blog"...

TODAY IS THE DAY!!

Our little family, in our little neck of the woods, has been going, going, going. Much, it seems, like the rest of the world. Today, however, I am seizing this moment to sit, reflect, and write to you.


It's hard to believe but we now have two preschoolers! Brianna is going three days a week and Carl is going two days a week... but all of us heading to drop off five days a week! Whew! I actually like the consistency of getting up and going, it's remembering who I'm packing the backpack for that's the tricky part! Jon's been busy balancing homework (his MBA program), his work-work, and family time. And me, well, like most moms, I carry many titles, but all well worth carrying!

I've been trying to do my best at taking advantage of the opportunities that God throws our way. Sometimes I miss, but sometimes, even the little things count to make our story and adventure worth it. Things like: Jon being able to go full swing into his MBA program and loving it; Jon and I celebrating 10 years of marriage, where has the time gone; two little crazies at preschool beginning to develop friendships; a few extra days at the end of summer to swim in the pool; a dog who allows pretty much anything to happen to and around him; a trip with just Brianna and I to drive Aunt Betsy back to MN for a month; a new roof so we don't have to worry about leaks; the arrival of two new cousins into the clan; Brianna learning to ride two wheels; going camping with church friends; strawberry picking; twins games; and so much more.

Amidst the busy, there is always time to pause and be thankful.

Today, this is the pause in my day to be thankful. AND thank you for following along with our Bonkoblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment