After enjoying a nice drink of water, a couple beef sticks, and a granola bar we headed back down the trail.
At one point there was a beaver dam (shown previously) with water flowing over it and a boardwalk to cross safely to the other side of the stream. Problem is, the stream was overflowing part of the boardwalk. So someone jerry rigged a few tree branches over the boardwalk to aid hikers across the other side. But these branches were very narrow, rolled easily, and were partially under water! Not safe, so say the least. Well, Jeff got a wet foot on the way up the mountain...and I got a wet half of my body on the way down.
Ugh. I had my path all planned out before I crossed this treacherous boardwalk. It all went awry about mid way through the underwater part and I slipped on the slick wood and fell, halfway, into the water. And, as I'm CLINGING on for dear life to the edge of the boardwalk trying not to get swept away in the raging current, Jeff asks "Are you ok?" (in the Bonkoski male fashion...the tone implies ("Are you ok after your strangely risky maneuver over the dangerously slippery boardwalk? I mean, I made it ok, but are you ok?") And then continues to dismount his backpack, search for his camera and snap a picture of my misfortune.


No comments:
Post a Comment