After Thanksgiving dinner everyone seemed to disperse to either playing games, working on our basement, or for my sister and I, work on painting a stylized tree. Without Michelle, I would not be as far as I am and almost finished - just a few small touch ups are left. Being that she is the artist in the family, I asked her if she would be willing to help. After we had dessert, She jumped right in taking the 8.5 x 11 in. paper picture and penciling it life size on one of the basement walls. It was fascinating to watch it come to life as we painted together for almost 4 hours. (I think we both didn't want to stop!)
One of the interesting pieces to the painting is that all of the colors that were used were taken from paint we already had, paint that is somewhere else in our house - Kinda fun! Besides absolutely loving the tree, the little bird in the corner is my favorite. Here is a picture of our new thanksgiving tradition (a least it should be), but to get the full effect you need to see it in person.
Thanks Michelle for your help!
oh my word!!! i love it. i really want one in my house. our boys have a tree painted on their wall (with bats hanging in it . . . actual little stuffed bats!) but your tree is super fun, and i love the bird! maybe michelle wants to come funkify my walls? good work you 2!
ReplyDeleteIt's fantastic! When may i come over to feast my eyes on your tree and my stomach on your thanksgiving leftovers!! (sadly when visiting everyone else for thanksgiving you don't get leftovers)
ReplyDeleteWell, if you like mashed potatoes... that's about all the leftovers we have left. I guess we do have a little of the carmel pumpkin pie left, but you'll have to come over soon if you're going to get a piece of that!
ReplyDelete