Friday, February 27, 2009

Commendable

I must apologize if my Scavenger post seemed a little "off." I'm affraid it may not have come out to be the fun game I intended when it was spontaneously created in my head. I was originally going to type a quick "shout out" to Margaret for her morning blog reading routine. Then it turned into a quick scavenger hunt. And it finally morphed into a quasi-challenging internet scavenger puzzle. In the mean time I had somehow come up with an arbitrary 4-hour time limit and may have responded a little too sandpaperish to certain "answers." I only meant it to be a fun post.

Jerimy did a great job at answering the questions! So you and Margaret can pick an evening (that fits everyone's busy schedules) and we'll look after little Oliver!



Anyway, below are the (not so long-anticipated) answers...



1. The highly rated GM stock closed at $2.22/share on February 24. The Star Tribune is clinging to a $954M dollar figure for the new Vikings Stadium. This means you could buy 429,729,729 shares of GM stock...if there is even that many to buy!

2. The new St. Joseph Regional Medical Center located in Mishawaka, Indiana (I think I previously stated South Bend) will be 677,500 gross square feet when it opens in October.

3. Eme's favorite tea is Assam "top of the top" from the Tea Gschwendner.

4. Minnesota became a state on May 11, 1858.

5. Jon went to high school at Concordia Academy in Roseville. Interesting tidbit...Jeff, Betsy, and I all graduated from the same high school. Not so interesting? Well, when you consider that the 3 of us lived in a combined 5 states before and/or during our high school graduations, this fact becomes a little more interesting.

6. The current unleaded fuel tax rate (per liter) in Novia Scotia is 15.5 cents.

7. This was a tough one! The estimated average cost per click to advertize on Google for the word "taxes" is $2.48.

8. In high school Eme was not only the captain for her varsity Lacrosse team, but she played goalie!

9. The Rice Creek Watershed District covers roughly 201 square miles.

10. There multiple ways to get to format cells. But the keyboard shortcut key is ctrl + 1.

3 comments:

  1. I cry foul on #2.
    there own web site (that is mortenson) says 633,000 sq. feet

    http://www.mynewhospital.org/about/stats/

    -jerimy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaa. Don't be bummered Jon. I thought it was a really fun Idea- I LOVE hunts. I had fun making up answers to your tough questions. Thank you very much for thinking of me. I do really apprecaite it even if I didn't really play fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's ok, you can cry all you want. But since I calculated the GSF for the hospital I'll stick with Mortenson's facts!

    ReplyDelete