Oliver came over last Thursday to hang out with me and cousin Brianna. I asked him to pick out a book and he spent some time looking on my kids book shelf for a good book. He was pretty quiet for a while, then all of a sudden he kept repeating, "no pictures, no pictures... where pictures?" Of course, a kids book isn't a kids book at all without pictures. The book he picked out was Plato's The Trial and Death of Socrates. It's one of those books that never left the shelf because I didn't have anywhere else to put it. I guess you could say I'm trying to teach the kids that come to my house about philosophy. A little philosophy never hurt anyone, but not as enticing as pictures!
Monday, February 15, 2010
What... no pictures?
Oliver came over last Thursday to hang out with me and cousin Brianna. I asked him to pick out a book and he spent some time looking on my kids book shelf for a good book. He was pretty quiet for a while, then all of a sudden he kept repeating, "no pictures, no pictures... where pictures?" Of course, a kids book isn't a kids book at all without pictures. The book he picked out was Plato's The Trial and Death of Socrates. It's one of those books that never left the shelf because I didn't have anywhere else to put it. I guess you could say I'm trying to teach the kids that come to my house about philosophy. A little philosophy never hurt anyone, but not as enticing as pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad that his time with you can be so educational. Thank you for watching him for me.
ReplyDelete