Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tonight I Love a Pit Bull Named Peanut

The last couple of days, Brianna has been down for the count. She had a slight fever and gagged when we tried Tylenol. She has never been a cuddler, but it came as no surprise this personality trait changed has her symptoms worsened. Although I relished every cuddly moment, it took a lot of sanity to make it through the screams and tired arms. Add on top of that craziness a rowdy pup desiring a walk... a trip to the dog park... or even settle for a little love and one on one time. I was just so tired after she went to bed, that all I wanted to do was do the same.

Tonight, we made it to the dog park! Usually, Eko just wants to play fetch and ignores the other dogs - and you can forget about the more aggressive players... but today it was different. Maybe it was the lack of exercise over the last few days or maybe he's turned a new leaf, I don't know. But what I do know is it was a nice change of pace from just sitting at the park picnic table waiting for Eko to be ready to go. Today, a couple walked in with Gus and Peanut (If you're familiar with dog parks, owners are known by their dogs names not their own!). We've seen them before and he completely ignores them. Once a few other dogs left and it was down to just Eko, those two dogs and one other I didn't know, it was as if Eko came out of his shell to play with peanut (pun intended). They ruff-housed for a good 30 minutes (after the 45 min we were already there) while I chatted with the girl who was admiring Brianna. It was even difficult to get his attention when it was time to leave, meaning he was having a LOT of fun. As soon as we got home (at 6) he laid down and has been sleeping ever since. Hooray for the dog park - Huzzah for Peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment