Thursday, November 18, 2010

So Much to Celebrate

... To Charlie Brown turning 60 (yet he doesn't look a day over 8)
... To a finished craft
... To the best countdown ever!

I am pretty excited to announce that I have finished my Peanuts Advent Calendar. I guess I have 1 or 2 things left to finish (so maybe some of you wouldn't consider it complete) but other than that - Ta Da!


I just couldn't wait to share. It's questionable whether or not it was actually worth the cost of making it over just buying it in the store, but now I have the privilege to say, "Yes, I made it!" My family knows our fondness for the Peanuts, as Jon explained in a previous post, so when my sister mentioned she saw this advent calendar at a local shop, I just had to go check it out. A couple yards of fabric, some black fabric paint, many Xacto cuts, and a few tiny modifications later, it is complete. I know Thanksgiving is still coming up, but the anticipation of Christmas and Christ's birth is so exciting. I can't wait to be able to share this joy with Brianna and see her face light up as we countdown as a family!

3 comments:

  1. That's amazing! Super cute and sure to be a family heirloom! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! And very cute...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks GREAT eme. I love the snow at the bottom of the calendar. Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete