Sunday, May 13, 2012

Movie Star at the Dentist

Early last month I went to my regularly scheduled dentist appointment. The last time I was in, my fabulous dental hygienist asked me if I wanted to schedule a "happy visit" for Brianna the next time I went in. I said yes, so the whole week leading up to the appt. we were talking about where we were going and what we would be doing at the dentist. The day came and she was ready! The happy visit consisted of them putting super sweet "movie star" sunglasses on her, turning on the camera thing they use for the mouth so she could see herself on tv, and actually using "Mr. Tickles" and "Mrs. Thirsty." I went first (so she could see how it's done), then it was her turn.


She did amazing. She had some spots the hygienist was able to get off because she sat so still and opened wide. It's encouraging to hear your dentist say, "whatever you're doing, keep it up - her teeth look great, pleanty of room for growth." Now the second part to that I don't have much control over, but as challenging as it is some nights to keep up with the regular brushing routine makes it all worth it. As for our fabulous hygienist, she is simply that. I am so thankful for her. She was incredibly patient with her, talked Brianna through the whole thing, and waited while she got a little skiddish then just continued on.

I'd say she loves brushing her teeth even more now after the visit than before. Having such a positive experience for something that can be not so pleasant is truly a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment