Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Another New Experience: Tumbling

Besides wanting to do swimming lessons, I also wanted to do a tumbling class for Brianna to introduce her to gymnastic fundamentals. We found a local community center offering a class and I actually pulled the trigger this time. Ms. Tiffany and Mr. James were her teachers and were very good with a bunch of crazy 3 and 4 year olds. The parents weren't allowed to be in the gym with them so we sat patiently outside the window watching. I didn't know at first that I wasn't able to go in, but after watching the first night, I completely understand. Parents would have been too distracting and in order for them to learn anything, they needed as much attention as the kids could give. It was all very cute!

Brianna was timid at first. She would wait and watch, and even be skipped over in turns because she was simply waiting and watching. Ms. Tiffany was good about keeping her engaged and trying everything at least once! B wasn't sure of Mr. James but by the end she said he was nice and could be her friend. How sweet!

The picture might be hard to see, but that's Brianna waiting her turn for the balance beam in the stripped pants. More pictures of B in tumbling to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment