Friday, August 1, 2008

Discovery

After Greek ended (for me) I decided to work with Tim Schneiderwind, who owns Aldgate Construction, and Jeff, who works construction during the summer. I spent the first week with Tim gutting and rehabbing an aging bathroom in a friends house. The second week I decided to take the Megabus to MN and help Jeff and his friend Brian roof a house.

Working was all good, but it was great to be with Tim, a friend, and Jeff, my brother. Over the past few weeks I was able to discover or uncover some of my desires, passions, and the way God has made me. More on that later...

One of the great things about being home in MN was the ability to do spontaneous activities...such as fishing with Jeff, dad, and Micah on Horseshoe Lake.

I'm pretty sure the nightcrawler I had on my hook was bigger than the crappie I caught with it. Then Jeff had to show off his bigger catch. Even thought they weren't huge, it was still fun to be on a boat, with the guys, on a lake, in Minnesota.


2 comments: