After a seemingly quick 3 mile hike up the mountain, we made it! The destination! The top! The vistas of the expansive Minnesota wilderness and Sawtooth Mountains was literally breath taking (as we were moving at a pretty good swift clip hiking up to the top)! We both quickly celebrated God's beautiful creation while soaking it all in. The only thing that could have made it better was if my Eme could have been there to experience it with me. However, this was a guys trip, so it was special in it's own right.

Enjoy the views...we sure did!

At 2,301 ft above sea level, Jeff and I were the tallest people in Minnesota!
The plaque, placed there in 1969, says something about Ulyses S. Grant II and some other guy explored this mountain in the late 1800's or early 1900's.
2301 feet...I hope you guys didn't get nosebleeds! You have to be careful at those high altitudes. Seriously, though, it looks like a great hike. And I am a bit surprised it's as high as that!
ReplyDeleteTwo great things about hiking in MN...no nosebleeds and PLENTY of oxygen!
ReplyDelete