Thursday, September 18, 2008

So here's what I do...

Since Jon set the precedent by sharing what he does... I would love to tell you what I do! Except, there is so much to tell, that it would be more than I prefer to go into detail about on a blog, but here's the gist.


I have been working at Mortenson for almost 3 years. I've progressed in my position, and have been able to take on gradually more responsibility which also provides more variety. One major part of my job is preparing proposals for new work. I get an RFP (request for proposal) and in either a 3 day to 4 week period, I turn it around and deliver it by a deadline - there is no being late. Here is a small glimpse at a few of proposals I've put together.



It takes asking the right questions, an eye for detail, and managing people to get me the right information when I need it.

I have also gotten involved with our project events, i.e. groundbreakings, dedication ceremonies, and hard hat tours. I love being involved with our customers to help orchestrate these events and then working with our PR consultant to create a story. In May, I helped initiate and plan a hard hat tour at one of our libraries nearing completion and was thrilled by the turn out. Many community members and library patrons showed up to get a sneak preview of their new library.



These are only some of the many things that I do. If you want to know more, you'll just have to ask!




1 comment:

  1. somehow it slipped by me that you work for mortenson. my brother, luke, works for mortenson too. i can't tell you exactly what he does. he works in golden valley, i know that, and it has to do with estimating and wind energy if that is at all helpful. i was excited to hear you guys are going to be minnesotans again! yeah! we'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete