You probably all know that I am an estimator and Eme is a marketing coordinator. But what do we actually work on? Well, I'll let Eme explain what she has been working on...but here are a couple projects I am working on until we make the move to MN:
Silver Cross Replacement Hospital
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Replacement Hospital for Children's Memorial)
For Silver Cross I am quantifying the casework/millwork (base/wall cabinets, counters, wood wall panels, display cases, wood trim, etc.) and receiving budget pricing from subcontractors.
For ARHLCHoC I am basically going from space to space (the total building area is 1,200,000 gross square feet) and pricing different options proposed by the architect in order to get within budget. This morning I just finished pricing a Servery option that added about $95,000 in premium finishes from our original estimate...only to VE (Value Engineer) them out to get back to a net $0 change! The total construction cost is about $632,000,000...the largest project in Mortenson history.
It has been fun to have worked on so many healthcare projects while I have been in Chicago. I have worked on 3 total replacement hospitals, 1 major hospital expansion, 2 Children's hospitals, countless Medical Office Buildings (MOB's), and other various interior hospital build-out projects. Of course there have been other projects for universities, jails, librarys, and stadiums, but healthcare has been my main focus in Chicago. It sounds as though I might be working on some of our Federal projects when I move up to our Mpls. office, so that will be interesting!
Hope I didn't bore you too much!
No comments:
Post a Comment