Yesterday was a big moment for Eko... he realized how much fun it is to play fetch in the water! Jon, Brianna, Grandma and Grandpa Bonkoski and I went to Afton State Park for a little hike. We stopped first at the swimming beach on the St. Croix river to let Eko get cool and possibly swim a little bit. Up until now, we have had to coax him into the water with splashing and throwing a ball only a few feet from his nose. Yesterday, he couldn't wait for us to throw the ball (more than a few feet) for him to go retrieve... that is, after he tried and missed the first short throw and consequently the waves drifted the ball too far out for him and then I went in (fully clothed) after it. As soon as I got in the water and swimming toward it, he followed me in and retrieved it himself. After that, it was smooth sailing on his part. Even though I got all wet, it was well worth it, plus it was a good ball I didn't want to lose! Here is a short video of him trying to find the ball amidst the waves - he succeeded, it just wasn't captured in this video.
Monday, July 26, 2010
Big Day in the Life of Eko!
Yesterday was a big moment for Eko... he realized how much fun it is to play fetch in the water! Jon, Brianna, Grandma and Grandpa Bonkoski and I went to Afton State Park for a little hike. We stopped first at the swimming beach on the St. Croix river to let Eko get cool and possibly swim a little bit. Up until now, we have had to coax him into the water with splashing and throwing a ball only a few feet from his nose. Yesterday, he couldn't wait for us to throw the ball (more than a few feet) for him to go retrieve... that is, after he tried and missed the first short throw and consequently the waves drifted the ball too far out for him and then I went in (fully clothed) after it. As soon as I got in the water and swimming toward it, he followed me in and retrieved it himself. After that, it was smooth sailing on his part. Even though I got all wet, it was well worth it, plus it was a good ball I didn't want to lose! Here is a short video of him trying to find the ball amidst the waves - he succeeded, it just wasn't captured in this video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment