Eko is pretty much amazing. He does extremely well with Brianna and everyone else for that matter (minus the few he loves so much to jump on occasionally). I won't go into much detail, but wanted to share a short dialog on dog ownership.
I've never owned my own dog before until last March when Jon and I got Eko; I don't count family dogs growing up because I wasn't 100% responsible. As I have pondered the last year and a half, there are some things that you just don't consider when you make the leap and buy a dog. For instance... the possibility of allergies, which Eko has and had a horrible ear infection along with it when we found out, we don't know to what only that the food we currently get for him is ok; muscle strains or joint problems, again he has (and will have) and probably got while playing fetch indoors - a veterinarian no-no; and the most recent eye infection that I had to put goop in his eyes for a week to get rid of. Dogs are perfect, nothing ever goes wrong until they get old... or so I thought. I no longer think that and have learned to get over any weirdness or uncomfortableness I may have (like putting goop in his eyes) and just do it for him, he is apart of our family. I can't wait when Brianna is just a little bit older and can start interacting with Eko and hopefully help wear him down - daily!
No comments:
Post a Comment