Yesterday Brianna and I walked the short distance to the library. Usually not a huge fan of libraries but they seem to be making a come-back in my life. We picked up one of those free museum passes and a book for me. I'm not much of a reader, but hey, why not! It's never to late to start... again.
A little back story - I was filling out a few pages in her baby book and one of them was all about news/movies/events - "The world as it was when you were born" kinda pages. One little section asked about popular books. As I was looking up the information, I came across The Shack by William Young. According to marketingcharts.com, this book was the #2 Fiction book of 2009. I've heard of it before and heard good reviews, so why not! That's the book I checked out from the library.
Already 120 pages into a 240 some page book, it reminds me of what reading should be - enjoyable. It's all about finding the right genre combined with the right style of writing. For me it's something that leaves you in suspense but at the same time gets to the point, a real page turner. Since I'm making good head way on this book and it doesn't seem to be taking me long to get through it, and I should really continue to read every once in a while to keep my mind sharp... I thought, why not! Any suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment