Thursday, October 14, 2010

Adapting to Change

This week we learned that Brianna has a Gluten sensitivity. Yup... Gluten. Neither Jon or I have allergies, at least that we know about (or might want to accept), so this news came as a little bit of a surprise. She was/is eating mainly fruits and vegetables, but we still had to take a closer eye at what finger foods we had around the house for her and make some adjustments. So far this week... a success!

Right now I'm on Gluten overload - not literally (though there are a lot of things I love that contain gluten), there is just a lot to learn and adjust to in a short amount of time. Thankfully there is a heightened awareness to gluten sensitivities and celiac disease these days, that it is somewhat easier to spot gluten-free foods without reading every label. We still have much to learn, but I would do anything to help Brianna feel better. Hurray for new challenges!

Any tips or websites that others have found useful?

1 comment:

  1. Gluten!?! Oh, poor Brianna! At least you found out before she'll know what she's missing so to speak :) I'd be happy to talk/email with you guys...we have lots and lots and lots of experience!

    ReplyDelete