This past Thursday was my Mom's birthday! My Mom, two of my sisters and I and the 4 kids/babies headed to the zoo for a fun outing. It was a memorable day filled with laughter, fussing and yes a stalled monorail! (Here's a link to the official Star Tribune Report.) Talk about adventure. It's a day I won't soon forget. I won't go into all the details, but check out Margaret's or Michelle's Blog for their perspectives and more fun pictures!
We started the morning at the Minnesota Trail. It is a mostly covered outdoor exhibit and got a little chilly. We could have left on all the coats and hats we just took off, but managed to keep warm anyway by going from animal to animal. About halfway in, Brianna took an immediate liking to the wolverines. She didn't want to leave the glass. She could have stood there all day, but again her hands were getting chilly and we just had to keep moving. You can see and hear her excitement! It sounds like she says go, go, go as the one wolverine runs in circles. She is at a perfect age for the zoo and is so interested in all the animals.
We ate lunch then walked over to the discovery bay and a ride on the monorail. The ride didn't go as planned as I already mentioned but interesting nonetheless!
| Monorail: No food or beverages allowed... Some rules are meant to be broken |
After the funtastic excitement, we headed back to our place for make-your-own pizzas and picture viewing. We baked my mom her birthday cake and made homemade ice cream. It was a special day and most memorable. Hope you had a good day too Mom - Happy Birthday!
I wouldn't have traded the day for anything. Thank you so much for sharing such an exciting birthday with me. Like a friend said "For a senior citizen you sure enjoy yourself". And I did.
ReplyDelete