Monday, June 20, 2011

A Weekend Alone

This weekend, Brianna took her first long distance trip with Gammie and Gamfie to go to the family reunion in Nebraska. She has been away for a weekend before, but something about being in a different state made it a little more challenging to take in. I'll admit, I had about ten minutes (maybe more) right away where I second guessed my decision and really wished I could call and ask my parents to turn around and bring her back. BUT, I put quite a bit of work into getting her ready and knew if I didn't let it happen, it might be a while before another opportunity presented itself. Plus, with baby number two only four weeks away, a little time away ended up feeling pretty good. I was able to get some extra sleep, mow the lawn without interruption, and even make some new curtains for Brianna's bedroom. (I'd show you a picture but the camera is currently in California with Jon on his adventure). Take my word.. they turned out pretty cute!

From everything I've heard and seen in pictures, she loved spending the time and playing with Gammie, Gamfie, and all the aunts, uncles and cousins. I'd say she was pretty tuckered out from the weekend because I put her to bed at 7:30 and she didn't wake up until I went in her room this morning at 9 just to check on her, and even then she didn't want me to take her out of her bed. Thanks mom and dad for taking her and creating some fun memories!

1 comment:

  1. We absolutely loved having her and look forward to many more trips with her and all the other grandkids.

    ReplyDelete