Monday, May 30, 2011

Little Green Thumb

Brianna is, in our completely unbiased opinion, the cutest little girl in the entire world! It brings both of us incredible joy to live out daily adventures with her.

Today's adventure started by putting out flags to honor fallen U.S. servicemen and women. Later, after the rain stopped, we went outside to plant our garden. I know, it's a little late but life is busy and it has been kind of cold and rainy this spring. The important thing is the seeds are in the ground! After Brianna woke up from her nap she was thrilled to be outside with us getting her hands, shirt, face, legs, shorts, and feet dirty.

Brianna wasn't sure where to
plant this red bell pepper...even
though mommy had a great spot for it.


This looks like a good spot!





I can't remember why she is so sad here but I think she wanted to get inside the fence where mommy and daddy were planting things. Or it could be because she allowed the flag to touch the ground. I assured her it would be ok!

Here is our completed garden with onions, carrots, beets, zucchini, yellow squash, red bell peppers and better boy tomatoes. Not a big garden, but we are eying real estate in our back yard for a bigger one in the coming years.


We took a quick break between planting and our dinner BBQ for a swim in our gigantic above ground pool. Since it was 88 degrees with moderately high humidity the water felt great (I'm sure she would agree!).

About the time we wrapped up our garden my parents and Eme's parents and Anthony came over for a Memorial Day BBQ. After Brianna finished her meal she couldn't help but take advantage of able and willing reading bodies! She brought Gamfie book after book. But it was mainly her new favorite book "Baby Bear Baby Bear What do you See?"

And then she had to show off for Grandpa as well! And, of course, he willingly read her about Baby Bear! I love how she puts her arms behind her back! She is so cute! What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment