Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Weekend for Dad

The first weekend in August, we headed to Jon's family cabin to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday. It was crazy at times with five kids under four but it still managed to be relaxing.

Carl, Brianna and I packed up everything and headed to the cabin. Since Jon had to work all day, I thought it would be nice to get out there earlier. That way we could take more advantage of the day and go swimming and such. Amazingly we got packed up and out the door by 9 am - it was a challenge but I was pretty excited we got out out of the house when we did. I only had to go around the block once because I forgot Eko's food!

We were able to go swimming, go for walks around the cabin, and Jon found a little lizard and brought him in for a little show and tell. (check out my sister's blog for more on our adventurous weekend)

It's always fun to see how well the cousins play together. Plus, my Auntie Mick took the kids on a few walks to get them out of the cabin temporarily. I think the term, Pied Piper - however all the children returned safe and sound and with less energy!

Although Carl did not partake in the walks and swimming, he did enjoy countless hours being held by his Gammie and Gamfie or one of his many adoring aunts and uncles. He is by far, more of a cuddler than Brianna is and ever was.

After cleaning up the cabin and packing up, my sister managed to remember to get a group photo before we all headed for home. Jon and I ended up not getting out of the cabin till about 11:45. We knew lunch would be right around the corner but decided to head out anyway so we didn't have to unpack then clean up everything again. Plus, we were trying to work around Carl's eating schedule. Both Brianna and Carl did great traveling and we ended up making it all the way to Taylor's Falls, where we stopped for a picnic lunch. It was such a fun way to end our weekend - a little family time enjoying the outdoors.







No comments:

Post a Comment