Monday, August 1, 2011

Big Girl Upgrade

In June, we were finally able to finish painting the bedrooms and hallway of our basement. A big accomplishment after being that way for almost 3 years. One of these rooms downstairs became Brianna's new bedroom.

We made the decision to move her before the new baby was born, in order to negate any jealousy or other emotions of someone else taking over "her" space. We would already play around in that room before moving the bed, so it seemed like a natural move. In addition, I was feeling like she might be ready to transition out of the crib and put on just the side-rail. I was a little nervous doing two big changes almost simultaneously, but I'm glad I listened to my instincts because she has done an amazing job transitioning and loves being able to get in and out herself. It was a big step that made her seem to grow up instantly overnight!


We try not to "play" too much in bed, but sometimes I can't help watching her face light up when she climbs in.

She didn't want us to leave so she closed the door.

The curtains I made special for her new room. I think they turned out great and compliment her orange colored walls!

1 comment: