I'd say it's quite fitting to dance during Christmas - I mean the joy of the season is just too great to keep inside!! My niece and I were burning up the dance floor. I don't claim to be a professional, but I do just want to have fun.
On Christmas eve we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house to break bread and spend time together. To start the festivities we got a VERY cute picture with them. We found out later, the picture would be used for a special new book for Carl.
We had a little time before the rest of the party arrived, so we helped grandma lay down some snow (since we were lacking some outside) because the Christmas bear needed something to stand on. Then we read part of Grandma's Christmas book from when she was little.
THEN... Uncle Jeff arrives! She loves her uncle!
AND Aunt Shelley came too! Carl loves Aunt Shelley!
If it seemed Brianna disappeared during the gift opening, it's because she was taking a much needed nap. The night before (Christmas Eve eve) we went to urgent care to get Brianna checked out (for the second time that week) and turned out she had an ear infection and she was not doing well. She was having problems all week - just not able to sleep - which made it a challenging week for all of us. So we let her sleep. But Carl enjoyed the added attention, working through each gift with purpose.
It was his first Christmas Eve celebration, what memories!
Oh... and his new blanket!
No comments:
Post a Comment