Sunday, April 6, 2014

4 Hours - 50 Degrees

All talk after church this morning was focused on the weather and what your plans were for the beautiful afternoon. My response was to be outside, as was most everyones. I mean, can you blame us... after a crazy winter storm on Friday and now temps in the 50's, who wouldn't want to be outside!

With that said, not once did I think my response of being outside would have included four straight hours of play. Let me tell you, I am tired!!! After baking a loaf of bread and fixing a batch of cookies, I heard the sounds of children increase from the bedrooms below. Instead of struggle with them to be quiet for "quiet time," we headed outside. The kids and I played with neighbors, I cleaned out my car, the kids adventured around the yard, they played with Eko, we went for a walk to the end of the street, Jon took a break from his homework and we all went for a longer walk, on the way back our neighbors were out again so we played some more, we rode bikes, we stomped out some snow, played tag... I think you get the idea!

I am SO looking forward to being outside this spring and summer. Hoping that I can boost up my energy a little bit more, although I suppose being wiped out after a day of play isn't a bad thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment