Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hawaii - October 15

Got the chance to take my niece to school! It was just so wonderful to be able to spend that simple family time with my sister and her family. We had things we wanted to do while on the Island but no hard and fast plans. What I've told a lot of people about my trip, it was so good to be able to just live life together, even if it was for 2 weeks in a very full house. This was one of those moments. Laura and I snuck out the door with Kat, Brianna, and Danya. I say snuck, because we left poor Carl at home this time! 

It was fun to be with Laura as she got to show off baby Kat for the first time to all the other moms. It ended up being a good thing I dropped her off too because Laura had an appointment that afternoon and I was then able to go pick her up, by myself. She was pretty psyched that her Auntie came alone to pick her up! We made sure to email the teacher before hand, and she even recognized me from the morning, so I didn't feel so awkward about being a stranger outside the classroom door. 

We got home and played for the afternoon. It was fun to see how fast they all picked up on playing with each other. It was as though they've been together forever. One thing we also picked up quick was the need for nightly baths. With playing so hard and coming in and out of the house, they worked up quite the need for getting clean. For some reason, Carl would work himself up every night and not want a bath. It became a challenge as the week progressed, but we managed. I feel so blessed we got to visit when we did. I know B and C enjoyed (mostly) every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment