Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hawaii - Side Note

If you start to notice Brianna with some facial blotches in the pictures, it's because there were some. Poor girl had some irritation that I just didn't know how to fix. Then I started to feel even worse because all the pictures we were taking, she had these noticeable red spots on her cheeks. I mentioned that on our first day in Hawaii we put sunscreen on her before playing at the park. All I can determine is that she had a reaction with the sunscreen and most likely the sun, that really only affected her cheeks where I put the sunscreen. Nearing the end of the first week, I was growing more concerned because it neither went away or got better.

Laura tried calling her doctor who would have seen us, however they were not in network. Boo. So the next best thing was the Walmart pharmacist who pointed us to a benedryl or hydrocortisone cream. We liberally applied the creams to her cheeks as a "special medicine". After a few days they seemed to lighten up, but prolonged periods in the sun were not her friend. Turns out, after Facetiming with Jon, he also had issues with the sun when he was little. That helped explain some of it, but it was still weird.

I am very thankful though that it didn't seem to bother her and it didn't seem to itch (that badly). She was a trooper and kept on playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment