Thursday, December 27, 2012

Hawaii - October 18

Started with Diamond Head with my Dad! This was so much fun! For a couple reasons: I didn't have any kids to answer to, I got to go hiking up Diamond Head, but most of all, be able to hang out and have some time with my Dad.

Our plan was to wake up and leave around 8:30 or 9, trying to avoid the morning traffic, but still get there at a reasonable time in the morning so it didn't get too hot. It worked out as expected. Except for the short photo op with Carl and Katriel!

While we were gone the seemed well to have a lot of fun in the container in the garage. I'm sure there's a lot more that happened but I simply have a picture worth a thousand words...




On our way, we hit a little rain shower and a little traffic, but by the time we arrived it was sunny and warm. Sun screen was definitely needed!


We walked a steady pace all the way to the top. I got a little claustrophobic in the small tunnel on the way up but pushed my way through. Coming down was a lot easier, especially since there were less people and I could move at my own pace. Once we got past the tunnel we realized there was an "Easy way" and a "Hard way." We took the easy way, but took a picture of the hard way. I'm glad for the choice we made! Those are stairs... straight up...


My dad's photo of the lighthouse down below. 

We made it too the top and enjoyed the scenery. My dad got a small bout of vertigo, but we found a nice bench to sit and take in the beauty. It was a fantastic morning and I was glad to be able to spend it with my dad.


We finally headed down and once at the bottom I was getting a little shaky. I really needed to eat. So on the way we picked up some food and headed back to my sister's house.

While the kids were napping we decided to keep the fun rolling and pack up so once Danya got home from school and the kids woke up we could head to the beach. Yes, back to Ko Olina for a sunset picnic dinner on the beach! The kids were even able to take a short dip in the ocean.


 As it turns out, we'll have to go back for his senior pictures. He's already posing...

Another favorite photo from our trip. They were sitting there so nicely for me I just tried to capture the moment, simply perfect. We only wish Daddy could have been there with us.

We ate dinner together, but there were just a few distractions. So many new things to see and all the wedding parties circulating across the beach.






What a blessing to spend such a beautiful day outside exploring God's creation.  After getting home it was the usual routine of baths and story time. Carl was not liking the whole bath every night thing (i.e. screaming while I soaped him down as fast as possible and didn't stop until I had his diaper and pjs on), but it was much needed for everyone. Especially since we were all sandy from the beach. I was ready for bed that night!




No comments:

Post a Comment