Tuesday morning started very much the same as Monday, a little too early. It was ok though because the kids were so excited to meet up with their new friends for breakfast. We ate then thought about what we wanted to do today. I had hopes of going back downtown and doing a better job at finding the parks I researched but the way Brianna and Carl were starting to act and how slowly B was walking, I thought better. I asked at the front desk and they said I could take a shuttle over to the mall. Sounded good to me. We'd be able to get out of the hotel, walk around, and have better options for lunch.
I packed up crabby pants #1 and 2 and we headed to the mall. Everything was still closed so we were mall walkers until... we spied Target. Ahh, buying the few necessities we needed as if we were at home was weirdly kinda fun. Plus right outside the doors to target was an indoor play area. Normally I avoid these places but today we needed to expel whatever energy was left and this is the only place I knew of to do it. Onward!
Brianna and Carl had a ton of fun. They ran around being crazy and even started to play with a few other kids who were there too. And to top off our time, just a few yards away, there was trolley car that you could ride for 75 cents. Sure why not! Carl was not impressed and asked to get off right away, but Brianna just sat there as it moved back and forth. I'm pretty sure she didn't know what was going on and was just trying to keep her cool.
Speaking of cool. Check out these sunglasses. As a super sweet birthday gift, they traveled with us everywhere to keep the sun out of our eyes. After a moody lunch, we called for the shuttle and we waited patiently outside. Since lunch wasn't going the best, I packed up what was left and took it with us. I think Brianna ate more outside from the tinfoil wrapper than inside at the table. Carl, well, he was just tired.
We got back to our hotel and both of the kids napped really well. It was amazing. I tried to nap too, but I gave up and watched a movie instead. Still relaxing! After they woke up I went downstairs to the lobby to inquire about my refrigerator that was freezing the Coconut milk I had bought for Carl. This is in room number 3 of our hotel stay, just in case you missed a post. I didn't expect to move rooms this time, but I did want to know why it kept freezing the milk. Engineer came up and, Oh, looks like there's a hole in the fridge where the nob is supposed to be. Friendly engineer (a different one from before) brings up an updated fridge and another free movie coupon. Yeah.
In the hotel lobby they had a pool of Koi fish. Brianna sweetly asked one of the front desk ladies if she could feed the fish. She was kind and asked us to wait and they would bring out some fish food. It was a fabulous addition to our afternoon. Both Brianna and Carl loved watching the fish and loved even more that they got to feed them!
Dinner was makeshift sandwiches and veggies. Tasted better than the hotel food the night before, plus the kids were happy with yummy PB&J.
We made it through our days without Daddy. We were excited for Wednesday because that meant we got to go back in the city and ride Maybelle! But for tonight it was bed for the kids and Life of Pi for me.
My dinner view:
Jon's dinner view:



No comments:
Post a Comment