Back in the end of March, my mom, Jackie, turned 60! My sisters and I held an extravaganza (or so I called it) at our house that... 60 people attended! It was a blast. Everyone was very appreciative that we hosted a party for our mom. I kept saying, "Well, why wouldn't I. She's awesome and has done so much for us, it's the least we can do for her." She has touched so many lives in her years at the public schools and years of serving with the church youth group. She wouldn't ask for anything, so I was glad to be able to give this to her! And I'm pretty sure she had fun too!
Mom - Here's your 60 years and one month blog blessing: You are amazing! You are dedicated. You listen and have taught me to be a good listener. You lift me up when I'm down. Offer advice when it's most needed. Open your house so that I know I can walk in any time of day and it's ok to just hang out, whether it's 5 minutes or all day. I am so grateful for your love of your grandkids and willingness to watch them, even take them with you on trips or simply put them to bed so I can run out. I love your giving spirit, it blesses many. Your understanding and flexibility is so much appreciated. Most of all, I'm blessed that you and Dad are believers and we share a faith and hope in Christ.
I hope your 60th year brings even more love, even more laughter, and many more great times as family! We love you!
* Here's some pictures my sister collected from the day!





Thank you so much Eme for making my birthday a great celebration. The day was wonderful and your words mean a lot to me. Love you girls so much.
ReplyDelete