Brianna found another rock that she proceeded to sit on and ask to have her picture taken, so we took another rock picture. Carl was so excited see the water; he desperately wanted to go in! Throwing rocks just wasn't cutting it. Cousin Justin had fancy rain boots on and was able to stomp around in the water, and Carl thought he should be able to do that too. Sorry buddy, we didn't find an extra pair of boots until later in the day!
Since we wouldn't let Carl go in the water he pretty much refused to do anything, including walk. I did the only thing I could think of to get him to walk and burn off some of that energy he had stored up - bribe him with a snack. It only slightly worked, but he was walking and complaining less, so...
After we were done at the reservoir we headed to the local grocery store to pick up a few extra things for lunch. Naps were next and went really well, and long. I walked in to check on Carl and found him laying sideways on the bed with his blankie over his face, I couldn't resist a picture. Then there was Brianna all snuggled up with a few of Justin's stuffed animals, how cute!
Of course after they woke up it was off to the chicken yard. Justin did so well showing Brianna around the yard. He showed her one of his favorite spots to sit and talk to the chickens. I came out to see them telling stories to the chickens in the long grass. Brianna was slowly gathering chicken food and grass and storing it in her little pockets to feed the chickens. Pockets are extremely handy!
Carl wasn't as bold around the chickens, but he enjoyed watching them. He even figured out how to use the gate and actually went in! He soon came back out, but it was a good step. *Note: Aunt Betsy went searching for an old pair of crocs (or the like) for Carl and found a pair of Justin's old rubber boots. Too bad we didn't have them earlier.
I took this picture because you'll notice Dave and Carl almost matched. They were surveying the patio project which I hear is now moving right along!
Betsy and I were debating about making something yummy for dessert for the kids - a copy-cat gluten-free Girl Scout Thin Mint recipe. She had all the right ingredients and gluten-free flours to make it so we started the process. They weren't exactly Thin Mints, but it was fun to try and everyone seemed to enjoy them! Plus, Betsy made a delicious chocolate coconut ice cream. No shortage of dessert tonight!
These pictures are slightly out of order, but you get the idea!
We had some very happy customers!
While we finished making cookies and prepping for dinner, Brianna and Justin cozy'd up to watch a little Cinderella. Justin had not seen it yet, and Brianna was happy to share!
Carl was happy reading a train book with Uncle Dave - The Little Engine That Could.
We finished up the day with stories and figuring out details so the adults could take an adventure all their own on Saturday.
What great memories! I can't believe how Dave and Carl matched...too bad Dave didn't have on bright yellow boots too lol :D
ReplyDelete