Upon arriving home, Carl immediately changed - he became his usual happy self. I noticed this a little on our trip to Hawaii, but didn't put things together until Jon said something during our CA trip and then again once we got home. Carl must really love being at home. Although he is fairly easy going and loves adventures, he just never seemed himself in California, and for that matter Hawaii. Even at Dave and Betsy's house, he seemed more irritable and cranky than he normally is. At one point I think I even said how I wished he would settle down so Dave and Betsy could see how happy of a little boy he really is.
He likes to see what he can see and go where he can go, but when it comes to being and sleeping someplace else, that's just not his style. As Aunt Shelley would say, "I need to know where I'm going to lay my head!" And in Carl's case, that better be home! Can you blame him?
Happy traveling Carl!

Carl must normally be super-duper happy and easy going, because I thought he was plenty happy during his visit! Sure, he had some almost-2 year old complaints at times ;) We miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteBoy, can I attest to his change - even at Gammie's house. He doesn't enjoy "sleeping" there either. He is great at playing with his sister and cousins but don't make him take a nap or go to sleep.
ReplyDelete