Saturday, November 23, 2013

Carl's 2nd Birthday

I was told once that I should have been a party planner. That might be true, because of how much I enjoy planning events/parties, but that also might be because it's usually for my family. 

Carl's birthday and the following day party were so much fun. We were so blessed to have such a great turnout this year for our Second Annual Rubber Duck Race (you might remember the first ever race!). But before we get there... let's go here...

Picture this with me, the day before the big party, also Carl's actual birthday. I was busy making Carl's birthday Choo Choo Train cake when I noticed the sink backing up. Yes, backing up, as in not draining and I can't wash pans and utensils I need to continue making more cake. This issue was not easily solved by simply running the garbage disposal, no we had a major problem. I almost freaked out but I called Jon instead to tell him my predicament. He came home to help solve it. 

Finally, just before close of business on a Friday evening, we called in a plumber. My mom had been watching the kids for me that day so I could prep, so when she came to drop them off around dinner time, we piled back in her car to go out to dinner. (the kitchen was already a mess, there was a plumber in the house, and I'm pretty sure it was easier to just go out at that point)

So grateful for Chipotle and the many meals it has served us over the years. Carl and Brianna were excited to eat out with Gammie and the bonus, eating outside!


We came back to a working sink, to which I am extremely grateful we called when we did so we wouldn't have had to pay for plumber overtime. AND that we'd have a working sink for the big party. Although it was getting late, we decided to make one final adventure before shuffling everyone to bed. Jon was promoted to a Manager's position this year and with that comes a company car which just happened to be ready for pickup that day. We are so proud of Jon and his accomplishments, this was well deserved!!  Plus he moved desks and now has an awesome view which we just had to check out!!!


"Me Drive?"
Anyway, so we drove down to work to pick up the new ride. Carl and Brianna were eager to explore the new car. We briefly discussed a birthday dessert but thought it best to get home for bed... there would be PLENTY of dessert at the party! Also a special treat, is that he got to be with bot sets of grandparents on his birthday. It's not every year you can say that!




No comments:

Post a Comment