I forgot to elaborate on the room situation! After we moved into room number 2, I noticed that the door to the bathroom wasn't closing all the way. You had to really lift and turn the door with force inorder to get it to close. I was more concerned with getting out the door on our way to downtown than dealing with it, so I left it to deal with later.
Fast forward to that afternoon! After we got back from downtown I wanted to take the kids swimming, so swimming we went. It was chaotic trying to hold up 2 squirming little ones but we managed and had a blast. We went upstairs to get dressed and again I noticed that the door was not closing. This was not going to do. After further investigation I noticed that the whole door frame was coming off and no longer supporting the door as it should. Really didn't sit well!
So took one of our many walks down to the lobby to see what they could do. (Thankfully I really didn't unpack all that much so the idea of moving rooms again wasn't ideal, but better than staying in a room where the bathroom door doesn't close.) The lady at the front desk asked if she could send a building engineer up to look at it. I told her that it probably needed more than just looking at but ok.
The SUPER nice building engineer met us in our room and quickly looked at it and said, "Whoa, um, that's not good I'll probably need to take the whole frame off and take a look at this." Move we did to room number 3! He was so helpful and transfered some of our belongings to the next room - which was splitting the difference between room number 1 and number 2. He gave me a free movie, popcorn, and skittles for my troubles and proceeded to tell me that the hotel was "booked" and he needed to do a quick fix so it could be occupied that night. Wow.
We went downstairs and ate dinner, but the story of rooms continues...
No comments:
Post a Comment