We ate dinner with Mick, Hung and Casen that Thursday night before they were to go into the hospital; kind of the last supper, if you will. Then it was bye-bye to mommy and daddy and hello bedtime!
Everyone woke up pretty rested and ready to play together. There were a few disagreements, but for the most part it was all smiles and laughter!
How special it was to share with Casen the news that his new baby brother had been born! Maxwyn "Max" Gia Huy Vuong was born at 9:45 am. 9.1 oz and 20 inches. All are doing great - was the message we received while sitting down to lunch. I told Casen he his brother was born and his name. Casen proceeded to say, "Ah, I know little baby Max!" We settled into naps so afterward we could make a trip to the hospital.
Since the flu was terrible this year, the hospital had restrictions on visitors, which meant Brianna and Carl weren't able to make the visit to the hospital. Brianna was certainly bummed about this, but she was her usual understanding self and stayed behind. I had alternate plans for Grandma Nancy to watch the kids at the hospital (thanks for being flexible), but since the kids couldn't come in anyway and since my mom had already seen baby Max a little earlier, she just came straight to our house to watch my kids. We made it to the hospital in no time! Casen was eager to meet his new brother... as was I!
We spent some time together and even captured their first family photo of four! So exciting, adding a new member to the family. It was getting close to dinner time, so Casen and I headed back my house for dinner and bedtime. I didn't have much planned, but thought I would make a pizza for the kids and grab Papa Murphy's for the adults. I always like to call ahead, because you zip in a zip out... this time, not so much. I called ahead, arrived, went to pick up my pizza (paid for it), was told it was next on the line, then waited 20 MORE minutes to get my pizza. I saw all these people come in, order their pizza and get it before mine was even on the line. ARG! The place was empty by the time I left. I was extremely disappointed that I asked for a manager. He first wanted to give me a discount, but then I told him I already paid and he then put my name down for a free one. I'm grateful for them making it up to me, but it put me behind schedule and that was what made me the most upset. But I'm over it!
My super Mom started the kids pizza for me since it was getting late. My kids didn't mind about the difference in meal time because Gammie was there as a perfect distraction. We all ate our pizza then it was story time and bedtime. Beautiful day!

No comments:
Post a Comment