Thursday, March 21, 2013

Women's Retreat Away

My first weekend away in a while... Our church was having a women's retreat and, this year, no excuses, I decided to go. I had thought about attending last year, but Carl was only 7 months and having ear infection issues and it just didn't feel right. But like I said though, this year, no excuses and even a wonderful husband encouraging me to go.

Myself and three other women carpooled to the retreat center in Rochester. It was so fun to chat and anticipate the weekend. Only one of us had been before so it was reassuring to know I wasn't alone in the first-timer category. The women organizing and leading the weekend, I thought, did a wonderful job. I'm not usually game for these type of situations, but God was preparing my heart to have a positive weekend. It was such a blessing to get to know the women of our church better AND get to know two of the women I drove with who were my roommates for the weekend better. You've got to love the late night discussions. The ones where you have to verbally announce, ok I think it's late enough, maybe we should go to bed, then end up spending another 30 mins (or so) talking than eventually dozing off to sleep. Just perfect and so much fun!

Thank you to my small group girl friends who decided to try out the retreat this year. It was amazing getting to know you better and see how God can move in and through us!

No comments:

Post a Comment