Saturday before our trip we had grand plans! Well anything sounds grand when compared to dealing with a flat tire. Yes, the Saturday before we left, instead of doing last minute errands and relaxing, preparing for our travel day, Jon spent the majority of the day dealing with a flat tire.
In the morning, Brianna and I headed out the door to an appointment to fix my recent haircut. I had a cut earlier in the week and it's the first time ever I've had to go back so they could fix the cut. It just wasn't working for me. Thankfully, after the re-do, it was 100% better.
Jon and Carl left shortly after us and were going to go return some things when the tire blew. Since I was almost to my appointment across town, Jon called my parents to see if they could come help with Carl who was stuck waiting in the backseat. Thankfully my appt. was really short and I was quickly back on the road to go help Jon. When I got there, Jon was still trying to get the spare tire loose, on the side of a busy highway. There were some unwelcome complications. My Dad and Mom were still with him, my mom sitting in the backseat keeping Carl company. I decided I better just put Carl in with Brianna and take them home as it was now approaching lunch time. Since the spare wasn't coming, my dad went back home to get his work truck and come back hoping to plug it up, at least so we could get off the highway.
Well, that didn't work either... so finally Jon called a tow, found somewhere that could get a replacement tire, waited another hour till the tire arrived at the shop, waited to get the tire on, then was able to come home. Needless to say, it was not a very happy day.
We are thankful it wasn't worse, or possibly cause more damage. Just an unsatisfying use of a Saturday morning. But sunny California was on the horizon so that helped!


No comments:
Post a Comment