We walked a ways and soon came to an opening which was unmistakable. Filming has been done for a while now so there were no remnants but it was fun just the same. Plus, it was one thing that I never thought I was going to do and we did it. The day was gorgeous and the waves rolling in were simply perfect. We were all alone on the beach so we were able to get lost in it's beauty! Beauty that quickly changed into a desire to get back to the car for the kids. Brianna did an awesome job walking most of the way in the sand. I could have walked down the beach further, but I could sense she was tired and wouldn't make it. With Carl already in a backpack carrier, another one on the hip is less than desirable. So back to the car we headed.
This was our second trip to the North Shore, so we had hoped to find some sea turtles, but were not so lucky. We did however come across many crabs. They were fun to watch scurrying about. Brianna loved watching them too. It helped distract her from the fact that she was still walking! We made it back to the car and then stopped to cool off with some more shaved ice. Yum!
We got back to Laura's and the kids crashed. Carl took an epic nap! I kept going in to check on him and decided I better take a picture to document. Yes, he slept with just a diaper at nap times everyday. The room Carl and I stayed in was the hottest in the house. No matter how I situated fans in the hallway or the window, air hardly moved. Everyone can attest, I had a line of fans blowing from the living room down the hallway, into our room. It was comical and semi-effective!
While at Laura's excellent sewing shop, I asked her if she would be willing to help make Brianna and Carl's costumes for Halloween. It was getting down to the wire but tonight was the night she had the first run of Brianna's costume. She was SO excited to try it on. Laura and I even went to Savers to look for a pair of wings for her. I had a pair at home that I thought would work, but having them in MN didn't do well for taking pictures with cousins in Hawaii! AND, the new wings were WAY better than what I had, so we packed them in our suit cases and brought them back with us. I was grateful because the wings I thought I had would not have done the costume justice. Anyway, she was excited.
We wrapped up another eventful day with baths and story time. Ahh, the sound of silence!


No comments:
Post a Comment