Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hawaii - October 26

How to post about Friday, our last day together... It was fun-filled and so bittersweet.
Look at all those freckles! I didn't realize while we were there, but I can see it now.
Oh how the sun brings them out!
It started by Danya heading off to school and my mom, Laura, Brianna, Carl and I off to a mom's group halloween party at a local park. It was fun to see more of Laura's Island life. It would definitely be on my list to live if it weren't for the extreme no trade-wind heat (I'm one of those prefer to be cold than hot people), and the "I'm always watching" ants that just don't go away. I mean, I wouldn't rule anything out though. I could probably get over the heat, but ants top my list of do not engage species. It might sound silly, but ever since my mom and I, with a class field trip, went to see the "Ants" show on the Omnitheater, they just creep me out and give me nightmares. Then there was the time my friends baby sister was covered in red ants and we had to spray her down with the hose... Ok, moving on!

It was fun to go to the park and hang out. It was fun too because all the moms were oohing and aahing over baby Kat. It was a little funny though, because we completely blanked and packed B in the car without any shoes on! Oh well, she didn't seem to mind.



The whole week, Danya was on an early release schedule so that was nice because we got to spend a little more time with her in the afternoons. We took a few 'girl cousin' photos and worked on a small art project for my mom. When Brianna and Lucius were still babies, she spent time with my sister while I worked part time. Margaret painted Oliver, Lucius, and Brianna's feet and put them down on paper. So my mom wanted to recreate fun grandkid art with the girls and then hoped to do one with the boys. So we painted feet and put it on paper! Brianna was a very good subject. Notice her hand in concentration...





We hung our last loads of laundry to dry on the line, got our last snuggle moments in with Baby Kat, finished packing up our suitcases, played our last in the backyard, gave our last baths and simply tried to enjoy the day.





Carl went to bed at his normal time, because I thought he might need that extra sleep to give him a boost till we boarded the plane. Plus that allowed me to go next door to Laura's neighbor, Mac's house, who said to stop by and relax for a few minutes in her message chairs before we left. It felt good.


Our flight boarded at 10:15 pm, which means we left Laura's at about 8:30. I stayed strong saying goodbye to John, Kat and Danya. I rode with Laura and my kids to the airport and mom and dad rode with Mac in her car. The hardest part that evening was seeing Danya realize we were leaving and start crying, clinging to John with a small wave. It was fun to be able to share that time with her, in her house and with her toys. They have come to MN a few times, but to have Brianna and Danya share memories in Hawaii, was special.  With everything out of the car, packed and ready to go, we said goodbye to Laura and went in to wait for our plane. Goodnight and aloha Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment