Friday, January 4, 2013

In Potty Training News...

It's a little late notice to all those who follow our family on the blog, but... Success, B is potty trained!
My sister took our family photos just before Christmas. I love how they turned out. More will follow.
(www.facebook.com/finnollie)

I bring this up now, amidst our Hawaii tales, because that was one detail I had no idea of what to expect. I knew she was doing amazing at home and even telling me she had to go, but really, Hawaii and cousin Danya sealed the deal!

Like I mentioned in our first Hawaii post, she was a little uncertain of the plane toilets, but thankfully managed to go to the bathroom on the planes and stay dry. (A big WHEW, because I didn't put plastic covers on her and would have had a HUGE mess to deal with if she have an accident - and with the confined space we had, I was thankful not to have mess) Then on Hawaii, she had 2 accidents, both in the same day, one of the first days we were there. That was it for the entirety of our trip. I guess, she needed to figure out that between playing so hard and all the extra water we were drinking, we needed to make sure we took time to go to the potty more often! After the first two nights of sleeping with me and getting back on a regular sleeping schedule, we let her and Danya sleep together in Danya's room. For the most part, it worked wonderfully. When Danya would wake up in the morning for school, Brianna would wake up too (dry) then come in my room to get me to take her to the bathroom. One morning I even found Danya taking Brianna into the bathroom for me. She was so helpful with Brianna! Like I said, seeing a big girl use the potty all on her own, was a clincher for Brianna. She loved spending time with her girl cousins.

Then on the plane ride home, she had no problems again and we were home! Now, there will be an occasional accident, but having her be confident in herself is priceless.

She gets up on her own now and usually will go to the bathroom, then come in our room and get us. OR, she will go to the bathroom and then read books in the family room. If you ask her what time she woke up, which there are times I wonder... She'll tell you, "Um, well, 6. I woke up at 6." That's not the case, but I do still wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment